Winter Sun Protection
Winter Sun Protection We all know sun protection is important in the summer — but have you considered that sun exposure can do just as much damage in the winter months? It’s true. Not only is UV radiation still a threat in winter, but also, winter conditions like snow can make things worse. According to The Karen Clifford Skin Cancer Charity, snow can reflect the sun’s UV rays by up to 80 percent. Add to this the greater risks that come from skiing at high altitudes, where UV radiation increases, and winter can bring about just as much damage as summer days at the beach! Considering how damaging the sun can be to skin even in the colder months, what can you do this Winter to protect yourself? To help answer that question, here’s a look at key tips to keep in mind this season:
1. Use Sunscreen: According to research cited at The Skin Cancer Foundation, daily sunscreen can reduce skin aging in adults under the age of 55. What’s more, people who use sunscreen daily show 24 percent less skin aging than those who don’t. The only problem? A lot of mainstream sunscreens on the market today are filled with harmful chemicals and toxins that can end up being even more damaging than the sun’s rays. That’s why it’s best to use an all-natural product like Jersey Shore Cosmetics' Anti-Aging Mineral Sunscreen, which is a new, natural sunscreen stick with The Environmental Working Group (EWG.org) highest score of "0" zero toxins. Jersey Shore Cosmetics physical sunscreens are all natural, moisturizing and great for harsh Winter conditions. Carry these new sunscreen miniatures on the slopes or when traveling for quick touch ups any time.
All Jersey Shore Cosmetics physical sunscreens are 100% natural and petrochemical-free.
"Physical blockers provide better broad spectrum coverage as compared to chemical-based sunscreen which are usually either UVB or UVA blockers, Physical sunscreens also work for a longer period of time giving longer coverage requiring less re-application. They are also less irritating than chemical blockers."
Top Rated and recommended by EWG.org.
2. Protect Your Lips: Your lips are some of the most sensitive parts of your body, and yet they’re often one of the most missed, in terms of sun protection. When applying sunscreen, always include your lips. You can finish with a moisture rich lip conditioner like Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo lip conditioners for long lasting moisture. Mongongo oil contains nutrients and natural UV blockers, so it’s a great product to add to your sun care routine.
3. Apply Protection Often: As Dana Oliver suggests at The Huffington Post, “beware of sunscreen’s archenemy: sweat.” The sunscreen and lip balm you apply this morning can easily be sweated off in a few hours. Plan to keep reapplying to any exposed areas throughout the day.
4. Cover Up: Dressing with layers is important for more than body heat; covering your body with clothes also insulates it from sun damage. The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends covering your head, wearing items like ski masks and always wearing sunglasses or goggles when skiing.
5. Seek Out Shade: It’s common sense to look for shade when you’re feeling overheated by a summer pool, but actually, seeking out shade can be just as important in the high sun of winter afternoons. Seating areas that have umbrellas, pathways with overhead covers and parks with shade structures are all good options for getting some protection from the harshest rays.
6. Pay Attention to the Time of Day: Just like in summer, the mid-day hours see the highest levels of UV radiation, so try to ski, snowboard, etc., earlier or later in the day. This lowers your level of exposure to the most powerful UV rays and still allows you to enjoy the season. Even when the temperatures are lower and you never go outside without a coat and gloves, you can still face potential skin damage from the sun. Use the tips above to know where to get started with protecting yourself throughout the winter — so you’ll be able to make the most of the season without worry. Be prepared for Winter sun protection, with Jersey Shore Cosmetics travel size all natural sunscreen minis.
About the author: Jeff Caldwell is Brand Manager of Superior Shade (http://srpshade.com/) in Carrollton, GA. Superior Shade’s shade structures provide protection from the sun and harmful UV rays. We provide custom products to find the best fit for your outdoor space.
Get Glowing! .. Anti-aging Hyaluronic Face & Neck Cream and Serum
Introducing Jersey Shore SPA Moisture Intense Hyaluronic Face & Neck Cream and Hydrating Serum. Our hyaluronic face & neck cream and serum is formulated using the highest concentration of Hyaluronic acid for the maximum benefits of firming and hydrating your skin for a healthy glow and youthful radiance.
Jersey Shore SPA Hyaluronic serum is formulated using 80% hyaluronic acid, along with the powerful antioxidants in squalane for added moisture, CoQ-10 and vitamin C. There are no artificial colors, fragrance or alcohol in our treatment products unlike many in the marketplace. Jersey Shore SPA superior hyaluronic serum uses grapefruit seed extract as a natural preservative. There are no synthetic preservatives in our formulations.
Our HA serum completely absorbs, leaving a delicate, firming veil which smooths fine lines and wrinkles and also traps moisture which leaves you with a youthful, radiant glow!
Many other serums have water as the first ingredient and very little hyaluronic acid in the product. Some others contain artificial colors, fragrances and dyes. Read your labels and rest assured that you are getting what you pay for.
Apply Moisture Intense Hyaluronic Face and Neck Cream and feel the glow!
These two products, when used together, will leave your skin silky smooth, with a youthful radiance. Our Hyaluronic Face & Neck Cream is paraben-free, phthalate-free, alcohol-free and fragrance-free. It is formulated with 30% hyaluronic acid with the added anti-aging benefits of seaweed extract, pomegranate, grape seed extract, marigold extract and vitamin C. There are no artificial colors, dyes, alcohol or fragrance in our treatment products like many in the marketplace, yet, our products are extremely effective.
An abundance of hyaluronic acid and natural, anti-aging ingredients in Jersey Shore Spa treatment products, plays a crucial role in anti-aging skincare.
Jersey Shore Spa hyaluronic treatment products nourishes, firms and hydrates, leaving skin with youthful radiance, tone and elasticity. Enjoy beautiful, healthy skin with a youthful glow!
Use these all natural, hyaluronic treatment products day and evening for best results.
Enjoy 25% off of Jersey Shore Spa and Get Glowing! .. Use code: "Superior" at checkout.
Coupon code includes free shipping!
Prepare Your Skin for Cooler Weather
To some, cooler weather means dry, flaky skin and chapped lips cheeks and noses. It is best to manage dry skin and other skin conditions by maintaining a healthy, balanced diet along with proper hydration. By hydration, we mean drinking plenty of clean water [read your water bottle labels] as well hydrating your skin topically with good quality, non-toxic, natural products.
Dampening your skin before applying moisturizing products helps to trap moisture and will keep your skin soft and hydrated longer. Try it on one hand and compare the difference.
To remove dry, flaky, old skin cells, use Jersey Shore Spa Anti-aging All Natural Lip and Hand Polish Jersey Shore SPA Lip and Hand polish exfoliates dead flaky skin, leaving new skin refined and hydrated. Dampen skin and massage the exfoliating, nutrient dense polish in a gentle circular motion, improving circulation and lifting off old, dead skin cells. Lips and hands feel silky, smooth, nourished and hydrated. May be used on other parts of the body as well. The best quality, all natural ingredients. Use before applying any of your favorite lip and hand products for noticeably smoother application and softer moisturized, younger looking skin. Anti-aging lip and hand polish is made with all natural flavors, anti-aging vitamin E and nutrient dense oils, butters and plant extracts. It tastes, smells and feels so good, because there are no toxic petrochemicals or artificial ingredients. Available in Natural Vanilla Bean and Strawberry.
Follow your exfoliating lip and hand polish routine with our Nutrient Dense Anti-aging Hand Cream Jersey Shore Spa hand cream contains the added benefits of anti-aging Sea Buckthorn Extract, which helps to combat wrinkles, dryness and premature aging. Raspberry seed oil which is a strong anti-oxidant packed with vitamins, offers a natural element of natural sun protection from UV-A and UV-B Rays and has anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin E, a powerful anti-oxidant, helps to slow down processes that damage cells. Enjoy the benefit of smoother, younger looking hands. All Natural. Vegan. Lightly scented with Vanilla Absolute which has a deep, rich, warm vanilla aroma and is known to have antioxidant and humectant properties. The essential oil of vanilla soothes the body as an aromatherapy as well as soothes all types of inflammation and protects the body from free radicals. Jersey Shore Nutrient Dense Anti-aging hand cream; the benefits of anti- aging, moisturizing and lasting hydration.
Don't forget to follow your Anti-aging lip polish, exfoliating treatment with Jersey Shore Cosmetics Nutrient Dense Balms in four, new delicious scents! Coming this Fall, these new balms are nourishing, hydrating and gentle enough to use on all parts of the face and body. Though recommended for lips, cheeks and even a chapped noses, our nutrient dense balms may be massaged onto rough dry skin such as heels and elbows. Dampening these areas first, traps the moisture allowing for longer hydration.
For healthy, smooth, soft and hydrated skin, polish and moisturize with Jersey Shore Spa, all natural products. Anti-aging because they contain no petrochemicals and no toxic or questionable ingredients. Only good things. You can pronounce what is written on our labels.
Thank you for choosing Jersey Shore Cosmetics! "Like Us here.."
Happy New Year! Happy Winter season!