From makeup to skin care; are you choosing the right products to nourish dry winter skin? The freezing winter air brings more than a rosy glow to the cheeks. As temperatures go down, the battle for healthy glowing skin begins. We thought you might be interested in a few key pointers for protecting your winter skin.
- Drink water. Water encourages collagen production throughout your life. This ensures the cohesion, elasticity, and regeneration of skin by also giving it a more radiant glow. We suggest drinking at least the recommended minimum of two liters of water a day.
- Therapeutic baths using sea salt promote relaxation, increase detoxification and skin integrity. Sea salts combined with warm water help opening up the pores and improve skin’s ability to act as a barrier. Natural bath salts may treat certain skin conditions, soothe cramps and muscles aches. We recommend enjoying your bath accompanied by Pure Non-GMO Soy Candle with Essential Oils & Extracts. This is the perfect environment for an ultimate relaxation.
- We all know that moisturizing is an essential part of nurturing ourselves. Since cold air can dry out the skin, why not choose an oil based moisturizer? Jersey Shore Cosmetics offers you a face and hair serum which is rich in olive-derived squalane, vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, calendula extract and CoQ-10. Another important ingredient is the rosehip oil which was used by the ancient Egyptians, Mayans and Native Americans because of its healing properties and the ability to keep the skin smooth and blemish-free. Add a delicate scent of Bulgarian rose to the mix and you’ll get our 100% natural, paraben-free, sulfate-free and vegan Marigold Face & Hair Serum.
- What about dry skin on other parts of your body? Use Jersey Shore Cosmetics Nourishing Body Butter to soothe and nourish the skin on your whole body. Don’t forget to keep your hands soft this season by always carrying a travel size Whole Body Balm with you. This wonder product is a perfectly balanced, certified organic formula which uses the very finest of all natural ingredients including argan oil, castor oil, cocoa butter, jojoba oil, coconut oil, rosemary extract and vitamin E.
- We also have a nourishing Vanilla Bean Hand Cream for revealing softer, younger looking skin. We’ll give you a tip: putting moisturizer on once a day is not enough; apply moisturizer more frequently so the effects would last longer. Applying moisturizer to damp skin retains moisture and allows for added hydration.
- It may seem like only a dream to keep your lips smooth and moisturized in the cold days of winter, but we promise that your dream can become reality if you respect the key to preventing chapped lips by applying our Moisture Rich Hydrating Balms. They nourish, soothes and help to prevent dry chapped skin. If you also want to add a little color, try our Lip & Cheek Rouges which are rich in argan oil, Aloe Vera, vitamin E, CoQ-10 and naturally pigmented with minerals and flowers.
Winter blues bringing you down? Consider a multivitamin supplement. Vitamin C is known to increase the immunity; it also reduces the severity of colds and adds an extra glow to the skin. Since a lot of people experience severe joint pain during this season, an intake of a good amount of Vitamin D enriched foods is very important. Also, don’t forget that vitamin E helps in building healthy skin. This is the main reason we add it in most of our products